Music Banter - View Single Post - Season's Greetings and Farewell from Trollheart
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 08:42 PM   #65 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
TH worries about setting himself off?
I don't know what would make you think Troll would set himself off. That is totally ridiculous. More like Trollheart worries about himself getting set off. He fears his own Irish temper exploding. He's like Luke Skywalker worrying about succumbing to the dark side of the force.

Let me explain again: Like I said before, I thought he was talking about himself. Like he said that "some innocent or humorous comment is going to set someone off." He didn't explicitly say "I am afraid of my humorous comment … will set someone off or flip someone out," or whatever. Cause he didn't own the "humorous comment" I thought he was cryptically talking about himself getting set off by another member's "humorous comment." Like he was coming to the realization that certain comments that set him off were in essence only "humorous comment." I seen more times that he was set off by a comment and flip his wig and wanting to quit this joint cause of it, than him doing the setting off of another member, and making them want to quit.

To end on a positive note I thought his "humorous comment" were right there at the threshold of cringe, and I highly admired him for that. I even made a thread about "Dad Jokes" in his honour way way before he decided to shuffle away from this joint. May his spirit live on in that thread.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote