Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #58913 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Nice

warehouse work so much better than retail honestly
They pay better, and you don't have to deal with the public as much. It's a bit more labor-intensive, but I honestly don't mind the work. I used to manage a warehouse, so I'm generally more comfortable in them for that reason. Plus, I kinda prefer the industrial atmosphere, and I like learning and working with machinery on the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
most the time people resume smoking the day after the initial drug test ime
That's the plan. Plus, my current job wants to keep me on for one day a week during my probationary period at my new job "just in case" I change my mind. I told them I'll be working a 40-hour week and my general manager asked me if I could stay on for one day on the weekend. My internal monologue was: "Sure, I'll totally take a fallback plan."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I'm offended and I'm against it. Even as a guy who never does drugs.
As long as people are doing their jobs just fine, it's not the employer's business what their employees do for recreation.
I've tried being stoned at work before, I don't like it much. Marijuana gives you a bit of time distortion, makes things sometimes feel like they're taking a lot longer than they already do. I don't want I don't want an 8-hour day at work to feel like an 18-hour day at work. Plus, I don't like dealing with customers when I'm stoned. High me isn't like that, high me is more like: "Lets listen to Gustav Holst's The Planets suite again!" And there is no way I can concentrate on boring **** like SKU numbers, operations, and customer service when I'm thinking about music like that.