Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 01:23 AM   #759 (permalink)
Karengirl
Music Addict

Default The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMint View Post
Music has no inherent value, we have to be convinced it is good. There are no gatekeepers as there were in the old days to tell us what is good. No Dj's breaking new artists no american bandstand no MTV. There is great stuff out there - probably more than ever before but how do you find it? IT costs so much more for a label to promote something these days with hardly any record sales they have to go for lowest common denominator dribble. Where are you guys finding todays great music, I know its out there
IMO there's always good and bad music. To find what you like, music does have to be searched for.

Ways to find music: pandora (my #1; choose stations, play one at a time or on shuffle, custom-create and pandora will send you similar artists), lastfm, (fund me) sites, i.e. pledgemusic, youtube, allmusic, npr, pitchfork, podcasts.

Without Music I Would Perish,
The Actor In Me Would Die"

..Dhanush
Karengirl is offline   Reply With Quote