Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:14 AM   #204 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I am very sorry to hear that several members are suffering with such difficult issues of mental health. I don't put much in this thread as I know so little about the topic, but I just wanted to X2 what you say, Isbjorn:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isbjørn View Post
I often figure it's better to just get up and do something until the sun gets up, hopefully I'll get some better sleep the next night. If I get really tired during the day I might take a short nap. Thanks for the support
^ Yes, definitely better to get up and do something. I think lying awake hoping for sleep is the worst. Get up, drink warm chamomile tea* or orange juice which has mildly helpful vitamin C in it. And find something that is distracting, but undemanding to do. Modern compu games have the effect of keeping people awake because a constantly moving screen triggers the release of adrenaline in yr system. Drone music, as per SmokeAndMirrors sounds like a good option, and I'd like to pass on a rec from a friend of mine: she spent hours with colouring books. Not cheesy kids ones, but ones with attractive designs, mandalas, etc. A very soothing occupation that includes a little physical movement (aka a "displacement activity", like lighting a cigarette when you're nervous), they saw her through many otherwise jagged lonely hours.

Also, don't forget that if you're posting here, you are an accepted member of an international community - and that is something to be proud of, imo.

* Check that it won't be a prob with any meds you are taking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamomile