Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 07:33 AM   #6385 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

@ Janszoon: An audiobook sounds like a great option for a long commute though I've never tried it myself. Given the option - which of course a driver is not- I agree with MicShazam:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
One of the things I like about the book format is that I can read at my own pace, pause to think, and even go back a paragraph and reference an earlier line again. That mode of interaction kinda gets lost with audiobooks. They're more about making it easy to plow through books by having them running in the background while you do other things.
@ mindfulness: I never guessed that Dimensioning and Tolerancing was a big enough topic to have a book about it. Do you ever feel that engineering is suffering from Too Much Information these days?

@ rostasi & Bulldog: good luck with those demanding reads!
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

I'm really enjoying this book which has a good balance of literature and history - and when those topics get a bit dry, I'm planning to check out the index for:

Quote:
Monroe, Marilyn:
............................ -bed, what she was like in the