Music Banter - View Single Post - What was your first Blues album?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Yes, I think so, Dude111. First time I heard this track from his first, self-titled album, I though, "Wow! Buying this was a mistake!" but by the end of the track, I had become a huge and instant fan. Maybe it'll do the same for you:-

His "Second Album" is a showcase of no-nonsense, guitar-driven blues. There is the occasional weak track, but get a load of the two opening tracks below. For once, the word "blistering" is not an exaggeration:-

"Blues" is the word for the whole genre. Sometimes people want to distinguish between early material, which was often one guy with an acoustic guitar and later stuff which highlights the elec guitar, plus band, so they call that "electric blues." Early acoustic stuff is also called Delta Blues because that's where it came from, while Elec Blues started a couple of decades later, in Detroit or Chicago I think.

Of course many artists do a bit of both: perhaps your BBKing album was his first try-out with an elec guitar and that's the reason for the album title. Psy-Fi would know!