Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Key

Off Topic

Back when I was first getting into gaming, I wasn't entirely dead set on the idea of fully completing a game. Mostly because I was completely ignorant of what it means to even try to fully complete a game. Some people will say it feels a lot like a grind and to have to play one game for so long seems so aggravating. Well, the trick is to not just play that one game all the time every time. Split it up. Play other games. While only recently I actually started to try and unlock everything in all the games I've played, I think the first time I ever actually 100% completed a game was with my first playthrough of Ocarina of Time.

I remember just continuously collecting everything as I went through the story and eventually I had done everything I had to do. Including the side quests. The feeling of a full completion was definitely nice. But I hadn't really tried to fully complete a game again up until I played Shadow of War for the very first time. The amount of things you could find in that game really made me want to explore absolutely every little nook and cranny and unlock everything. Which I did, eventually. Would I say it was worth all the time spent? Absolutely! I'm one of those people that doesn't find gaming as a waste of time. Honestly, I find it to be more of a passion. When I play games, I don't just see a game in front of me, I see a piece of art. And to fully complete a game is to fully appreciate what that form of art has to offer. That's what motivates me to complete games. And especially games that I absolutely love. Shadow of War definitely fit that bill, but of course that's not the only game in recent times that I've fully completed.

Remember Spider-Man? Yeah, the game I've been raving about? Well, shy of one trophy, I've fully 100% completed the main story of this game, and am slowly working my way through new game+, which is legitimately a ton of fun. Going through the whole game max leveled and with all your upgraded gear on the hardest difficult is definitely some of the most fun I've had in gaming in recent years. But to be fair, this game on its own merits deserves praise for everything it did to break barriers and create a masterpiece of a game. Although God of War won game of the year, I think this one definitely could have taken it as well.

So, basically when it comes to fully completing a game, as I said, I find gaming to be a passion project, a work of art, something to really truly appreciate. And fully completing a game that I have already come to fully appreciate just adds onto that appreciation. Yeah, sure it can be a grind, but I don't mind that at all. It's some of the best parts because then you get to explore the games in their entirety.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote