Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2018 - RESULTS!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:19 AM   #56 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
That’s why I think you’re the smartest in our gang. I hate to say it because autism is the new Cherokee princess but I really am starting to think I’m somewhere on the spectrum. If you’ve ever taught kids who are mildly autistic one of the first things you learn is redirecting them off of their own self-prescribed patterns is walking on thin ice. For example, I taught this kid who loved to study maps and flags. Goddamn if it wasn’t tricky business to get him to transition to another activity. This really came to a head when it was time for him to get the **** out of my classroom so I could go to lunch or to the lounge or whatever. (Perhaps coincidentally, you can name any country on earth and I can tell you what countries border on it.)I feel like I think that kid felt when I’m cutting grouper and suddenly it’s like Hawk we need a deli platter to sell. The reason I cut fish is because it’s the least popular task in the restaurant. Making a deli platter is far more pleasant but I ****ing hate changing tasks. I don’t know. Self-diagnoses are bad psychology but I do at least have autistic tendencies or something weird.
I think Batty was talking about Dwn.