Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Key

Console vs PC

This is not really an argument that I get myself involved in when it comes to video games, but now I've got the experience to at least shine my own personal thoughts on this outdated argument about whether PC or Console is better.

I've been solely a PC gamer for quite a long time. I'vw bought over 300 games on Steam alone and while that's slowed down in recent months, I still find the accessibility through Steam to be a beautiful thing. Steam alone, and yeah other companies are starting to make their own services to provide games, but Steam definitely takes the crown for really bringing PC gaming into the spotlight. With time, computers get more powerful, companies start developing more efficient parts and PC gaming just continues to improve. The only thing that can be somewhat intimidating is how many god damn games are on Steam at this point. While I love the fact that Steam gives upcoming devs a platform, it opens up the flood gates for hundreds of titles that deserve no play time. That's sort of the nature of things unfortunately. Every now and again youll find a diamond in the rough, but I find it more satisfying to buy a game you already know of and give it a shot. To be fair, I do buy games and almost never play them. That's Steam for ya.

Now with consoles, I grew up with them. First got a Nintendo 64 for Christmas and since then, it's just been uphill. In fairness, I had the previous Nintendo consoles growing up as well. That time frame was basically the start of what would eventually lead to a wonderful addiction and passion. Moving forward a couple years, I bought myself and Xbox 360. Didn't play it much. Moving forward I got a Wii U, and then finally I got myself a PS4. And I'll safely say that I don't think I've been as impressed with a console before I got a PS4. I'll tell you why: being able to sit comfortably on a couch and play a game on a big TV is so much better than sitting in a computer chair. Yeah I know, I could play my PC like a console, but why? What's the point? It's definitely a lot more relaxing as well as I'm not having to have my hands on the mouse and keyboard all the time. Not gonna lie, it's kind of nice. Now, it has taken some getting used to. I played the previous Fallout games on PC and then I played Fallout 76 on console. Dunno which I prefer but PC with Fallout feels way more natural. That's just my personal take though. It also helps that PS4 has a lot of great games.

So...where do I stand? Well, I'm taking a stand right in the middle. I prefer console a little bit more right now but I genuinely enjoy both immensely. Two separate experiences and it's nice to know that I have the option to play either. I don't think one is necessarily superior seeing as consoles are being built really really well. So, tough to say where this argument will lead in the future, but for now, I'm definitely pro PC and console at this point.

Plus, Dead Cells is on both PC and PS4 so I couldn't possibly choose.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote