Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #27229 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Finally got that box set in the mail!

Judie Tzuke - Full Moon: The Complete Collection

Far and away the most shameful splurge I've ever done when it comes to buying CDs. It cost a lot of money (about 90 pounds), but I couldn't resist. You see, most of these albums are out of print today and very hard to get. Especially most of the albums released on Tzuke's own label in the 90's and 2000's.

Pretty pleased with how this thing turned out. It's in a pretty large coffee table book format, with the 24 CDs sleeved inside each of the very thick, layered cardboard pages (about 3-4 millimeters thick). The CDs are kinda hard to get out, but aside from that, it's a really cool format. There's an abundance of text and images taking you through Judie's career and putting each of the albums into context. Aside from 22 studio albums, there's also a bootleg live performance from 1982 and a disk of non-album rarities.
They were also good enough to include a replacement disk for a particular album in the package that is apparently printed defective. It fell out into my lap when I opened the package and I wondered what the hell it was until I noticed the label with the explanation.

Listening to one of the many albums I didn't already right now.

Under the Angels

Shifts quite a bit in style so far, but generally, I like the very warm vibe of this album. There was a track among the first few that played that had this very beautiful combo of shimmering keyboards and a very soulful electric bass guitar line that was 100% up my alley. The song that started as I'm writing this has a fantastic sounding bass guitar as well. Kind of a pop-rock/soul styled track with a melancholy vibe and laid back, groovy bass and drums.

I'm excited to hear the rest of this set, but it's gonna take a while...
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote