Music Banter - View Single Post - One More Round the Bend (Blarobbarg's half-assed journal where he recommends stuff)
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Swallowed have one album, from 2014. It's a ****ing wild ride. Avant garde freedom and spaced-out, old school death metal collide and twist and roar against each other. It is free, it is maddening, and it is fantastic. Take special note of the 25 minute closing track, and get lost in the noise.
I listened to this directly after stepping out to get high at work today. Sort of reminds me of Gorguts which is something I might say about a lot of creepy metal. Gorguts really give me the creeps. I kept your description in mind as I listened to Lunarterial. It is a powerful collision of styles. When I was listening to it I was imagining different members with different visions for what they wanted to do artistically but instead of letting that stir up conflict they were all getting off on what each other was doing. But checking on it now I’m not even sure if there was even more than one guitarist. However it was created it’s definitely a monster.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote