Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:37 PM   #5105 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
I've been wondering at the new members that just show up and leave pretty much right after their first post. Did they realize how cancer it was that quickly or were they never planning to stay from the start? I'm really curious.
Maybe they saw that the handful of people who actually post on a regular basis have been here for years and have thousands of posts and a camaraderie amongst one another, and they felt scared to join the mix in any relevant manner.

Or maybe they saw people like Batty, OH, elph and froundland being assholes to everyone, and didn't want to risk the abuse.

This place was SUPER welcoming when I joined in 2004. Everyone was friendly, for the most part. If you acted like a bully or an asshole, you weren't glorified and imitated like nowadays, you were put in your place by everyone, because people actually cared about this place, not just using it as an outlet to get their jollies or harass people from the safety of a keyboard. But that was definitely a different age, as far as the intent goes.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote