Music Banter - View Single Post - One More Round the Bend (Blarobbarg's half-assed journal where he recommends stuff)
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Delta

I like noting and jotting down phrases that pop out to me. Sometimes as I collect them I arrange them into "found phrase poems." This is my most recent, built from bits and pieces of conversations, things picked up in books, or on student homework.

---

Don't Leave

You got lucky
I always loved to garden, but there was no room in Cleveland

No retreat.

The mouthpiece of God
Ridiculous is a rapture

No reserves.

What happened at the beginning?
The cherry blossoms had not yet turned white

No regrets.

---

Sometimes what we find incidentally is better than what we're looking for.

I found h hunt completely by accident on Spotify sometime in the last few years, and boy am I glad that I did. Their work, which appears to be improvised solo piano, is ethereal calm and pure goodness. I love listening to Playing Piano For Dad when I'm anxious or stressed out, or just when I want some supremely relaxing music to listen to. Their playing is gentle, and obviously influenced both by ambient and jazz. The creaking of a piano bench and physical tapping of the keys, as well as other sounds picked up on microphone, become delightful percussive bursts that make what might be an uninspired piano noodling into something joyful. The last track, which features our mysterious artist humming and singing, is a standout.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote