Music Banter - View Single Post - MicShazam's 1000 best songs of all time list
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Bryan Ferry - Love Me Madly Again
Album: In Your Mind
Year: 1977

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJMhrhUOU0

Back in the 70's, I really feel like Roxy Music was way better than Bryan Ferry doing his solo career, but even early on, there was some real highlights none the less. Later, after Roxy Music dissolved, I actually like the best of Ferry's albums better than the best of Roxy Music's albums, but that's another story.

This album is, unlike most of his early solo albums, entirely comprised of original compositions. He used to do more covers than self-penned tracks and later albums often had their share of covers too. But this one is all new tracks written by Ferry.

The track that stands out to me in particular is Love Me Madly Again. It's got so much going for it! The amazing flow and groove of the drums, the catchy, frankly-should-be-considered-legendary main bass riff, the soulful vocal performance, the very nice use of strings that handily dodges feeling cheesy and, not least, the way the song goes from being a fun rocker to a fantastic bit of moody, grooving glam. I also dig the use of backing vocalists during the upbeat parts.

I could listen to this one all day long.

Last edited by MicShazam; 01-12-2019 at 03:28 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote