Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Key

More Than 1

Still no Internet so we're having another discussion here. But hey, I've been enjoying these so why not keep it going? There will still be themed entries. I just want to be able to make them look cool and I can't right now. I wanna talk about something that I personally go through with video games, and that's playing many games and not having just one to focus on.

I like to keep things interesting and I don't want games to become stale. It's like that with anything, too much exposure and you get burned out. It's the same concept. I probably have on average at least 3 games that I play regularly. Whether it's an RPG, a roguelike, whatever. I like to allow a game to breath and take things slow as opposed to trying to beat it in a day. Don't get me wrong, I do have those games that I will just focus on for days on end. I've done it many times. But even while I do that, I still have at least another game to fall back on just in case I want to play something different.

The great thing about games is there's a **** ton to choose from. My Steam library is evident that I like to play a lot of different things. I tend to even enjoy games that are continuous or take forever to beat. It lets me enjoy the game even longer. Sometimes I'll even play through the game several more times, i.e. Divinity Original Sin 2 and most recently Spider Man.

Roguelikes especially are great for people like me because I can rank up 100+ hours in one and still have quite a ways to go. Multiplayer games are also great for this reason. Rocket League is a big one.

Gaming in general is just something I love doing, and to be able to play as many as I can, it's just a treat. So many different kinds to choose from, so many different ways to enjoy them. It really is truly a remarkable artform and it's going to continue to get better.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote