Music Banter - View Single Post - FaSho's New Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
FaSho
____

Quickie: Drunk, Alone, and a Little Sad Playlist Volume 1
Powered by: Cheap red wine

1. Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Yeah Johnny Cash made it his own potentially better song, but this one will always be the anthem for the angry and hopeless.

2. Feist - Graveyard

God I love gossip girl.

3. Title Fight - Your Pain is Mine Now

Cry, die, boo hoo,

4. Lyle Lovett - South Texas Girl

I've never been to texas, but the closest I've come is listening to this one. A song the old cowboys sing. I don't know what the words mean or anything, but I'll sing because I'm supposed to.

5. Joni Mitchell - Blue

The OG wine drunk and sad tune. To quote the top comment from youtube: "before there was prozac, there was blue"

6. La Dispute - Woman (reading)

Sonically speaking, a pretty clear attempt at a commercial single, it still does the trick.
I pause where I am for a second when I hear your name...fuck

7. The Antlers - I Don't Wan't Love

Well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway

8. Sufjan Stevens - Kill

Pretty ambiguous imagery here. I have an idea of what its about and if I'm right god damn does it hit home.

9. The National - Baby We'll Fine

I've spent a lot of time dissecting this band whilst drunk and alone, this is just the track I'm feeling the most at this moment in time.
Mood:We'll be fine, all we gotta do is be brave and be kind...but simultaneously:
I'm so sorry for everything.

10. Tigers Jaw - Spin

Even in (actually maybe especially in?) my inebriated state, I gotta end it on a more upbeat note. Not 'happy' by any means, but the vibe of the song and music video makes me want to get a refill for more wholesome reasons.

Goodnight.

Last edited by FaSho; 01-11-2019 at 10:41 PM.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote