Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #21702 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I'm taking a look at the story for the game (will be quite minimal) and I need two women's names. The main character is named Cybil, but there's also her sister and the evil witch (the "final boss" and villain of the game). Since the character of Cybil has existed in earlier versions of this game and in sketches and stuff for many, many years, I'm not sure where I got it from anymore, but I'm 70% certain that I got the name from Cybil Bennett, the cop lady in Silent Hill on the Playstation 1.

I really want to avoid "fantasy novel" sounding names, so I'm looking at real world names for inspiration.

Name ideas...

-For the sister...
Mareike
Noted this one a long time ago. I like the sound of it and I'll probably settle on this name for the sister. But I might go with another one if I get a good idea. Cybil is a British name, so maybe I should name her sister the same way. Mareike is mostly a German name, I think.

-For the evil witch...
I needed some ideas, so I found a Wikipedia list over women's names from Medieval Germany, just to find something interesting sounding. I think one of these would work well:
Richeza, Hedwig, Gisela, Ingeborg, Heilika, Salomea, Eupraxia, Wulfhilde
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote