Music Banter - View Single Post - Who're Going to Be the Next Avengers Team in the MCU?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Default Who're Going to Be the Next Avengers Team in the MCU?

With RDJ, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and I assume Scarlet Johanssen's contracts all ending soon there's going to be a huge gap in star power for the franchise. Who does Marvel have to fill their shoes?

Scarlet Witch and Vision are there but I don't think they'll put butts in seats. Spider-Man is a big get, and Black Panther and Dr. Strange have been successfully introduced (Benedict Cumberbatch being a huge get as well), so they seem like shoe-ins. If Captain Marvel is successful then that would provide a much needed replacement for heavy hitters like Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk; and tbh they're probably banking so much on her that they'll include her regardless. Would also give them a female character to keep the movies from becoming sausage fests.

Nobody cares about Falcon, right? I mean I know he's taken over Cap's shield in the comics which would be appropriate to keep a Captain America of some sort in the movies, but I think he'd just be taking up space on screen. War Machine sounds like a bomb as well. Maybe Star Lord as a hail mary choice. Chris Pratt wouldn't be a bad choice for name recognition. Who knows, maybe Marvel will get desperate enough to throw in somebody from the Netflix shows. I wouldn't say no to Daredevil.

I don't know of any upcoming films with new characters but I'm sure they'll come up with something. Ideas?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote