Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #21799 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaExpressesHerself View Post
I've always wondered if the whole frienzone thing wasn't at it's core misoginy. The entitlement for one thing, but it also appears that men quite often aren't really interested in women apart from physical attraction.
Kinda. I think it happens to people of all walks that sometimes you are friends with somebody that you like more than they like you. It's just more of a stigma with men because men feel entitled. That's why I hate the whole girls only go for douche bags trope because the guy who says that is just a bitter awkward douche who's just mad because he can't get laid even though he feels entitled to it. It also stems from the idea that you're less of a 'man' if you're not having sex. This kind of pressure and sense of entitlement is a volatile combination for adolescent men who feel powerless. That's when they move towards violence to force people to validate their power. Sometimes it happens in the form of sexual assault. Sometimes worse. There's a reason why male virginity is a trend with mass shooters.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote