Music Banter - View Single Post - Rate the avatar above yours
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #14717 (permalink)
windsock
Softest Bullet Ever Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ It's a drawing by an Argentinian cartoonist called Quino. Here it is, big enough to see in detail:-

I like it because it shows a guy happily drawing a box around himself for protection, but what's immediately obvious is that he is willfully constricting himself. That's the story of our life, man! What we struggle to construct to keep ourselves safe becomes our prison - materially, intellectually and emotionally.

And how about you, windsock, who's the guy in your avatar, and why Mr. Impossible?
Cool!

My avatar is Andrew Broder, the multi-instrumentalist behind the band Fog. Mr. Impossible, as I'm sure you're aware, is one of the "Mr. Men" books in Roger Hargreaves' series. I don't know why I like it very well. Maybe it has to do with him sort of signifying himself as Mr. Impossible, as in he can do the impossible (which obviously isn't true but an interesting sentiment nonetheless), or maybe it's caused he looks pissed off for no reason. It's probably just cause I like the aesthetic, as is with many of my internet avatars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote