Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 06:12 AM   #25016 (permalink)
Farewell
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Very strange how that video of Spiegel's album is about 7 or 8 minutes shorter than the original album on Philo.
I'll have to listen to that video and hear what's missing. If you get the chance to hear the newly expanded version -
2-CD/3-LP - you should take it. That Bell Labs/Max Matthews system [with drawing pad and FORTRAN programming(!)]
still sounds great nearly 40 years later.
I have the 2013 reissue on vinyl. Bought it used @ Musique Plastique in Portland, OR. in 2015. https://www.discogs.com/Laurie-Spieg...elease/4350899

I don't own any of the expanded reissues, but have listened to it via Spotify a half dozen times or so. I'll eventually get around to buying a hard copy sooner or later as I do enjoy the bonus tracks quite a lot.

I'm not sure how to answer the timestamp discrepancy of the video I posted? I tried to make sense of it at discogs.com after you pointed it out but I'm stumped. The final track appears to be the major outlier when you compare it to the info. @ discogs. About 5 minutes short. While the first three tracks are either exact or within a few seconds or so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Farewell is offline   Reply With Quote