Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 07:40 PM   #16814 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Apparently Nancy Pelosi is being careful not to gloat in her moment of victory over Trump, but we don't have to be so restrained do we? In his Rose Garden announcement ending the shutdown he said, "I've made no concession." For once he's right! He's capitulated 100% and has gained nothing! After dragging his country through 34 days of misery, with a knock-on effect still to be reckoned with, he's signed something that was there on his table from day one. I wonder if he will be adding an appendix to "The Art of the Deal" to recommend his new-found negotiating tactic: folding, caving and humiliating yourself on the world stage.
Lulz. He's doing exactly what he preached in The Art Of The Deal: push the other party to the brink and see what they do. Ideally that's enough to get a deal, but when it isn't you just switch tactics. No different than what he did in these China trade deals. And guess what? They bent the knee eventually. He's given Democrats three weeks to scramble or he's going to go nuclear on them and actually declare an emergency. He's doing the equivalent of A-B testing and trying different approaches to see what will allow him to get the Wall moving ahead in 2019.

On another note, the shutdown actually ended up costing more money overall than what Trump asked for. So that's on Pelosi and the rest of the donkeys.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 01-26-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote