Music Banter - View Single Post - Re-Introduction
Thread: Re-Introduction
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 04:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Default Re-Introduction

Hey,

I figured I'd do another introduction since its been a while

For those who don't know me, I frequented the avant-garde, folk, and jazz sections of the forum. I still love those areas of music, though my taste has become a bit more eclectic since then. In addition to this change, I've also realized I'm transgender—I go by "Jackie," and my pronouns are they/them.

I've also become more radical over the past few years and have started to organize with fellow workers and political radicals. I'm rather fond of people like Errico Malatesta, Gilles Deleuze, Franz Fanon, Karl Marx, Jesse Cohn, Sylvia Federici, etc. I've become increasingly interested in how capitalism affects language, literature, and psychological development.

As for music, there are too many artists and genres to list—but I'll try anyway! Some of the artists I like include: Keiji Haino, Sun Ra, This Heat, Anthony Braxton, Daniel Johnston, Bach, John Fahey, Can, Charles Mingus, Captain Beefheart, Henry Cow, Kaoru Abe, The Coup, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Nico, Charlie Parker, Bernard Parmegiani, MF Doom, Anton Webern, Les Rallizes dénudés, The Residents, Samla Mammas Manna, Talking Heads, Deltron 3030, Throbbing Gristle, The Velvet Underground, Edgard Varese, Cardiacs, Caroliner Rainbow, Leonard Cohen, Ornette Coleman, Albert Ayler, Dälek, Richard Dawson, Family Fodder, Fishmans, Faust, Maher Shalal Hash Baz, Mr. Bungle, Vladimir Oidupaa, Television, Slint, SPK, Wire, etc etc etc

Sorry about all the lists—hopefully they'll give you some idea of who/what I'm into. Anyway, I look forward to talking with you all again!

Last edited by TockTockTock; 01-29-2019 at 08:08 AM.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote