Music Banter - View Single Post - Vaccination/Immunization -- Why is there a problem?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #496 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Doesn’t hurt because I’m among the most aggressive devours of new music on here. Abandoning music isn’t growth it's loss. Growth is adding on which I do with maniacal intensity.
I don't know, I used to like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, and all sorts of nu metal I couldn't give a **** about now. On the metal side the musical language they use simply isn't nuanced enough to evoke anything like what Slayer, Cryptopsy, Death, and yes Metallica, etc can. They're not even able to use their more limited means to meet the aggression of hardcore punk bands who use a more basic musical language to still devastating effect.

On a pop music level they fail in much the same way to meet the standards of countless artists from Madonna to the Beatles to the Replacements to Flaming Lips to muffukkin Ke$ha. Like nu metal bands were sacrificing both intensity and accessibility to meet somewhere in the middle and did so with incompetence so that you can't really appreciate either aspect.

And yet I used to like those bands. Now I just don't see how I ever cared and it really didn't take long after discovering older metal to feel that way. Something happened that wasn't simply losing something or elitism and it happened because I expanded my ear.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote