Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #1010 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

That just means you're a product of your age group and mass media development. All humans are products of their environments and time period to some extent or another. It ultimately all comes down to the dichotomous difference between what industries want to sell, and what consumers want to buy. That can, after all, be said about all sales products. Basically what I'm trying to simply say is: If you're trying to track art through profit, you're looking at it through glasses with a lens that were prescribed for you, rather than with your own eyes. In all actuality: No artist, anywhere, in probably the last 20 years, has given a flying **** about whatever the **** the industries are going to rip them off for. What's left to the wind is the artists who are more along the lines to act like employees, rather than artists. That is because: Art does not obey the laws of employment beyond that of the limitations of hopes and dreams to be exploited by somebody, somewhere. Just ask: Any artist. You'll find kids that will want you to auto-tune them to make them "famous" and 50something-year-old local musicians who've accepted defeat but still play entirely for the sake of playing alike. When Pablo Casals was asked in his 90s why he continued to rehearse his cello, he responded with: "Because I think I'm finally getting somewhere!" That pretty much, says it all for anybody that plays any instrument anywhere that continues to play totally besides the point of the monetary factor.