Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 10:29 PM   #59799 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

I went to a farewell party tonight at a local pub, for one of my bosses who I actually care a lot about as a person. I rarely attend this type of gathering, because I tend to go straight home after work. I had four drinks – and I drink perhaps two drinks a year at most, so I am actually very drunk right now (for me). One of my bosses ordered a red wine for me when I arrived, then I had an Old Fashioned for the first time (which I didn’t really like – the bartender suggested it and mentioned it contained whisky), then two local lagers (I think the brand was called “Black Dog” or what have you). When I arrived home my daughter and son were both asleep. I am feeling strangely guilty right now. I work at a law firm, and watched a group of lawyers slowly becoming more lubricated and loosening up. It was simultaneously surreal and kind of touching to watch them become more human and vulnerable. Then I hugged my departing-boss goodbye and whispered that I was really proud of her for being such a kind person. Then we both burst into tears and gripped hands as I walked out.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote