Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #59830 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

If you're not on the schedule then they can't demand you to come in on a day off. It's a favor to them if you agree. What was your schedule for today? Scheduling you for longer than 8 hours is garbage but if that's normal and you "agreed" by not saying anything then I can understand why they'd be pissed off even if it's only because of capitalist Stockholm Syndrome. Either way good luck and props. Nobody at my job ever says a word to power if they get scheduled for 8 hour+ shifts just cause it's assumed that an employer has a right to your life and that's something that needs to be shot in the head. ****ing managers get well plus 8 hour shifts regularly and I don't understand why they consider it okay.

If I ever cave and become a manager I'm gonna make it a point no matter how much it pisses me off that if someone just calls out cause they don't wanna work that shift for whatever reason that I'll never write them up. You have a right to your life, and work assuming differently is ****ing authoritarianism. And if that means I get taken advantage of then that's a drop in the bucket of misery caused by modern work standards. I can always make them cut onions next time they actually show up.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote