Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #59841 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
If you're not on the schedule then they can't demand you to come in on a day off. It's a favor to them if you agree. What was your schedule for today? Scheduling you for longer than 8 hours is garbage but if that's normal and you "agreed" by not saying anything then I can understand why they'd be pissed off even if it's only because of capitalist Stockholm Syndrome. Either way good luck and props. Nobody at my job ever says a word to power if they get scheduled for 8 hour+ shifts just cause it's assumed that an employer has a right to your life and that's something that needs to be shot in the head. ****ing managers get well plus 8 hour shifts regularly and I don't understand why they consider it okay.

If I ever cave and become a manager I'm gonna make it a point no matter how much it pisses me off that if someone just calls out cause they don't wanna work that shift for whatever reason that I'll never write them up. You have a right to your life, and work assuming differently is ****ing authoritarianism. And if that means I get taken advantage of then that's a drop in the bucket of misery caused by modern work standards. I can always make them cut onions next time they actually show up.
The official rule is you have to be dismissed by a manager so the length of your shift can theoretically be forever. I’m plus 90 days now though and I don’t think they could escape paying me unemployment for leaving after 8 hours. I’ve been on unemployment a pretty lot and I never got denied.

What pisses people off about me is I don’t play the I had to do your work **** management uses to pit us against each other. Like Occult I had to do your work because you were out. Idgaf. I tell my coworkers to grow a pair and say no. Also I’m very clear idgaf about goals that don’t benefit me. We gotta get this place restaurant ready by three. We’re opening at three. Panic panic. I’m like the **** I care if it opens at 3 or never. I’m not an owner. If the place burns down and closes I’ll still get unemployment. If the manager has to cut some fish because I got tired and left big ****. Idgaf.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

Last edited by WWWP; 02-02-2019 at 03:47 PM.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote