Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Build Loren (the albums that have shaped my life)
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #167 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

NEU! - NEU!, 1972

I like NEU! better than Kraftwerk, the former is a more complete package. Kraftwerk's earliest pure krautrock material is great, and so is their electro oriented music to come, but NEU! do it all at the same time. It is amoebic.

Stereolab

Quite impossible to leave just one album here, so Stereolab gets a full spot. Their music emanates a bliss so retro-contemporary and loving and warm. They're like a drug (Sha La La). They make time stand still to bless upon the soul a euphoria unattainable in the passing of seconds inside daily life, and leave you rejuvenated and glowing, knowing that no time has been wasted in the meantime, and life moves on a bit longer.

Flying Saucer Attack - Flying Saucer Attack, 1993

A force of great insurgence of neo-psychedelia and an almost enlightened journey. How anyone could listen to this and not experience anything short of aural ecstasy is beyond me. A sonically sacred descendant of Spacemen 3 and the like, but this ritual has a deeper and organic message.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote