Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 01:44 AM   #59848 (permalink)
Lilja
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Yeah I'm kinda the same way but fast food is so understaffed that if I don't do my job no one will and a co-worker will have to get screwed. I don't give a **** about BK but I give a **** if a co-worker will get screwed if I don't do a thing. Technically the night crew should do some of the restock **** I do every morning but that's never happened and if I don't the next shift will have to do it in the middle of lunch so I do it to not screw them over.

I don't give a **** about our drive thru time, if certain desirable things are met, if the breakfast waste is out of whack cause I stole a pound of fried pork, but if my relief has to refill ketchup bottles in the middle of a rush cause I didn't do it then I'd feel ****ty.
Out of curiousity, why not just not do the restocking except for what you have to do. Not do the nightshifts, just do the part you have to do. Because you are doing the nightshift's job so there is no point for them to ever do it. And if the next shift has to do it in the middle of lunch and they blame you, you can point out that it is the nightshift's job and you won't do their job anymore. You won't make any friends out of it, but if you aren't getting paid for it, you shouldn't do it. Since you'll end up just doing more and more work and someone will just do less and less for the same pay.

And yes, I have worked fast food but this applies to all jobs.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote