Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #71 (permalink)
Key

Fallout 3 (An In Depth Look) pt.4

This is the end of the Fallout 3 multi-parter, at least for now. I'm quite satisfied with how I've handled this but it'll be nice to talk about another game either today or tomorrow. Really depends. Who knows, maybe i'll do a Fallout New Vegas multi-parter. Again, really depends.

Anyway, how do I wrap things up here? Well, I did mention previous that I wanted to mention the DLC's, in this game, but before I do that, I want to talk about one of most defining moments in Fallout 3, and that is of course the end of the game when you get to watch Liberty Prime crash its way throughout the wasteland. It's by far one of the coolest climaxes to any game, and for it to be done to this extent in a game this old, well it's very telling of the developers motivation to make Fallout 3 great. I mean, the design of Liberty Prime is just fantastic in every way:

It literally just screams "i'm a badass, don't **** with me." I mean, it doesn't scream that but whatever.

The nice thing about Fallout 3 though is definitely the DLC's, and once you beat the main game, you'll come to realize that perhaps the game may be over and done with. At least until you realize that Broken Steel adds a whole new line to the story and you get to continue onwards. While that's great and everything, I do have to say that one of the most fascinating DLC's that I played personally was The Pit.

I know we've got other DLC's but this one in particular resonated with me in a way that the others didn't. First off, genius idea placing land mines on the bridge even before you enter The Pitt. Sort of gives you the impression that things are really ****ed up here and you best prepare yourself. Or so I thought until they decided to take all my belonging and leave me to be a slave in this forgotten city.

As I've said many times, the atmosphere of Fallout 3 has a lot to do with my overall impression of the game, and The Pitt does this fantastically. Even though I played Fallout 3 first, The Pitt definitely gives me the same feeling that Far Harbor did for Fallout 4. A whole new place to explore and discover. While maybe not as vast, The Pitt still offers something extra and puts you into situations that you're not familiar with. And although some of the quests for The Pitt are pretty monotonous and annoying, the overall experience of it is truly remarkable. Definitely one of my favorite DLC's in any game.

Other than that, everything else pretty much falls into the same category. "What makes Fallout 3 great for me?" category. And well, there really isn't a whole more I can discuss here that I haven't discussed before. It has been quite a blast to go more in depth with Fallout 3 because honestly, I did forget a couple things and perhaps there'll be another part in the future to fill those in? Maybe. But for now, yeah...those are my overall thoughts and opinions of Fallout 3. I think until the day I die, this game will remain in my top 3 games of all time.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote