Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Watching Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 04:56 PM   #857 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
When have I ever talked about hitting on younger girls? LMFAO! I never said that people shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

I will openly advocate for your right to say and do things that offend me, because freedom is more important than peoples' feelings.

That freedom also allots me the right to voice my disdain for the way that you choose to exercise your freedoms, without advocating for your freedoms to be infringed or revoked.

Liberty is a hard concept for some people.
Yeah see your freedom to voice disdain for the expression of those you disagree with can amount to oppression when those people are historically oppressed. Why do you think they created gay pride parades in the first place? The freedom to express disdain for homosexuality, even simply bland dismissal, has historically been a bludgeon to keep those people silent and in the shadows.

There is no such thing as perfect freedom. To express your free speech to deride gay pride parades is to contribute, intentionally or not, to a culture that restricts the other side's freedom of expression or even of existence. And to protect their freedom of expression we have to make a choice to tell you and people like you to shut the **** up, which expressly restricts your freedom to express your views because we want your views silent and in the shadows. I'm fine with this because you'll be aight either way but LGBT people will only be aight if your views are shut down.

Freedom does not exist in a vacuum, bruh.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote