Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Watching Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #858 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Yeah see your freedom to voice disdain for the expression of those you disagree with can amount to oppression when those people are historically oppressed. Why do you think they created gay pride parades in the first place? The freedom to express disdain for homosexuality, even simply bland dismissal, has historically been a bludgeon to keep those people silent and in the shadows.

There is no such thing as perfect freedom. To express your free speech to deride gay pride parades is to contribute, intentionally or not, to a culture that restricts the other side's freedom of expression or even of existence. And to protect their freedom of expression we have to make a choice to tell you and people like you to shut the **** up, which expressly restricts your freedom to express your views because we want your views silent and in the shadows. I'm fine with this because you'll be aight either way
Oppression requires an active drive to degrade someone or something. Me thinking that it is funny that I do an internet search for an MMA event and, instead, get inundated with gay pride images is comical [at best]. Me talking about that occurrence in no way constitutes "oppression," regardless of any historical precedences. Your false equivalences fail. And you'll have to excuse me if I don't take moral and ethical advice from someone who fantasizes about raping aborted babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
LGBT people will only be aight if your views are shut down
What views? That they should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe upon others? What a crazy notion!

We're all entitled to our personal opinions
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote