Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Watching Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #860 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Oppression is an exercise of power. The majority can exercise unintentional power on the minority through both having negative opinions about the majority and being ignorant of the consequences of expressing those opinions in a way that doesn't take the realities of the minority's situation into account.

I've recently been made aware of one Franzt Fanon, who was a black man from then French Martinique who fought the French in Algeria, and he says that black people had/have to create like their own little white person in their head because if they weren't/aren't painfully aware of how everything they did/do might appear to a white person then they can get in serious trouble.

I imagine gay people have to do the same thing, and it is oppression because they then have to either alter their behavior or choose to roll the dice and hope they don't get curb stomped by a redneck.

Now who can't take a joke?

If you think that's all you're saying then you need to start recording yourself and hearing the playback.
I am not responsible for any other individual's personal behavior, nor is anyone else. We are sentient beings and exercise free will. Do our personal choices carry influence amongst the populace? Some more than others. But people should not be afraid to speak their beliefs.

Like I said, I will fight for your right to disagree with me, because personal freedom and liberty is more important than any set of beliefs.

You see, this is where we differ. I think that people should have freedom, but you only think that people should have freedom to do the things that you agree with. Example:

MERIT: "You can shit talk my beliefs all you want. That is your right and personal freedom. I hope that we can find common ground, but if not, then we shall agree to disagree and part ways."

Batty: "Your views are wrong and shouldn't exist."
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote