Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Drummer
Thread: Best Drummer
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #307 (permalink)
ryan bargehr
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Ryan, since you say you've heard every drummer in the world, what do you think of Asgeir Mickelson? I kinda forgot about him, but he's the perfect example of sorta playing like Carey but takes Carey's boring playing to the next level and is thus 10^244325 times better than him.
When I say Mickelson sorta plays like Carey I mean he is like the good version of Carey. Like how Dragonforce are the good version of Iron Maiden.

To tell you the truth I havent got into mickelson or heard to much about him. I know one band he was in, Borknager, and wasn't impressed, but then again I really dont like that kind of music. And I defenitly didn't hear any connection talentwise between CAREY and mickelson. Nothing technical at all. If you know another band and album for me to check out that displays him at his best, I'd appreciate it. As a drummer, I am always looking for someone to "worship" (just look up to) and for a good decade CAREY'S been the one. So you really got under my skin when you said CAREYS syle is boring, I had to hit the bag few times, just taking it a little personal. You cant be serious though. But if your listening to the bands that Mickelson are in, or Dragonforce and Iron Maden, you might not understand. But it be cool if you can recommend something. Who knows, there might be someone out there, I doubt it.
ryan bargehr is offline   Reply With Quote