Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #452 (permalink)
Don
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo

I pity you then....As a band they are way more diverse than DT, and they rarely repeat themselves like DT do, every album they made was different...DTs songs could be on any album, its just random rubbish.
I have a feeling I pity you a lot more. Random rubbish? Each DT album has a completely different theme...oh wait, you're joking, oops.

Quote:

Do you realise how f*cking hypocritical this is coming from a goddamn DREAM THEATER fan?
Yeah that's why I said it, but in all honesty I don't find any DT solo to be wank, because they put their heart into it and you can feel how much power they convey with each note. And with the intro session in CTTE, to me it's like they don't really care what notes they are playing.

Quote:
Regardless CTTE is still Far more focused and ambitious than anything DT has ever done....Yes have made at least 5 classic albums, at least 8 other really good ones, 5 ok albums and maybe 2 or 3 bad ones...DT have made what?...Like one or two ok albums and nothing but pure rubbish since 1992....Yes and KC have both been around for over 36 f*cking years, and they are still coming up with some fresh and cool ideas, while DT are still young and already drained completely out of creativity, and they get noticably worse album after album.
If by focus and ambitious you mean boring **** and pointless wank, then ok. I love around 90% of DT's tracks, and I think Awake is the only below average album, but you said Yes made 2 or 3 bad ones?? rofl, you just walked right into that one.

Quote:
You cant argue with me on this, Yes are better than DT in every way, except maybe technical skill, but to hell with technical skill,
Wtf? Argue with you? This is the so called 'argument:'

You - "I like Yes and dislike DT, and DT are even suckier 'cause Yes are their influences."

Me - "Oh yeah, well I like DT and dislike Yes and I don't care about influences because it's immaterial when it comes to taste."

What a fantastic argument you got going there.

I find it almost hysterical that you said "Yes are better than DT in every way, except maybe technical skill, but to hell with technical skill," because you're arguing about everything you can't measure except technical ability, and we both agree DT are better in that department! rofl.

Quote:
i would like to see Petrucci construct a solo as beautiful as Mood For A Day or The Clap, or the solos in Starship Trooper, America, Gates Of Delirium and Going For The One...I would like to hear Myung write a bassline as interesting and spellbinding as the ones in Roundabout and Tempus Fugit...I would like to hear Ruddess write a simple piano solo as gorgious as the one in South Side Of The Sky or a keyboard performance as brillant and tasteful as the one in Heart Of The Sunrise.
I find even Pertucci's worst solos to be better than any of that crap you mentioned. And you don't find Myung's bass lines to be 'spellbinding' or interesting? That's fine, but don't try and say that “Roundabout” is any good in comparison and keep a straight face at the same time.

As for Rudess and simple and gorgeous, I think his work in "One Last Time," is probably the best example there, and unlike your examples, it doesn't send me into a fit and rage because of its lameness.