Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 07:10 AM   #77 (permalink)
Key

Nier: Automata

Whether or not you consider this a true open world game, I don't know. I certainly do. The way the gameplay and mechanics work, Nier: Automata to me certainly feels like an open world game. Hence, why I'm talking about it here.

Nier: Automata is a game that I actually held off on for a while because while the game to me looked awesome, I just didn't have enough time to really sink into the game and see what it has to offer. I bought the game a few months ago and I have played a fair bit of it, but I still haven't gotten to the real core of the game, and I do plan to do that at some point.

Something that sticked out to me right away was the music. I've mentioned it once before, but I've always felt that the soundtracks for open world games tend to take a backseat sometimes. But when you're going from point A to point B and you hear this, it's pretty amazing:

What I find really great about this game is how it once again showcases how badass it can be to have a female protagonist instead of a male protagonist. It's been done many times now and successfully I might add. With games like Darksiders III, Horizon Zero Dawn, there's plenty more. In regards to open world games though, those are the only two I could think of right off the top of my head. You could consider Shadow of War as part of that category as well since you do have the option to play a female character in that game.

Genuinely a really great game. If you've been considering buying it, I'd say do it. You'll have a blast.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote