Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #1175 (permalink)
DMBFFF
I like the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Who's children do you think have it better off: Jay-Z's children and a random selection of a thousand who tried to be like Jay-Z, or the children of a thousand black doctors?
FYP

Quote:
Who do you think creates more jobs?
I don't have black employment stats on me at the moment, but I don't think rap music is a major contributor of jobs.

Quote:
Who do you think provides more for the community to give the opportunity for black people to become doctors in the first place?
Hard work, investing wisely, dedication to getting educated?

Quote:
A black doctor can't guarantee a job for their siblings, cousins or children unless they own a business.
If he/she gets his/her children into university in something like medicine, dentistry, engineering, or, say, passenger airline piloting, such children will likely get high paying jobs and likely make more money that the typical rapper—likely by a multiple.

Quote:
Your connections are more important to your success. Who do you think builds more relationships with people that can open doors for you to explore other ventures? A doctor or a successful business owner.
You don't think doctors have connections, or for that matter investments?

Quote:
If you think ownership isn't important you are just clueless.
Ownership is quite important, but ownership of what: a mic and some musical equipment and access to a studio; or a house, money, maybe stocks and bonds, et al. To some, a person who owns 1000 bitcoins owns nothing: they would likely be wrong.

Quote:
The biggest reason why black people haven't been able to prosper is because they were prevented from owning anything to make money off of.
Again you're presuming that +30 million American blacks are all not prosperous: some are quite prosperous; and I doubt less than 10% of, say, the 1000 richest blacks are involved in rap music. Indeed, I wonder if a majority of 1000 of the richest black musicians in America are involved in rap.

Little if anything is preventing them from owning stuff. Likely millions of houses in America are owned by blacks.

Quote:
You can get all these high profile jobs working for white people but ultimately you're making money for white people who are using their resources to help their family, not yours.
It's called free trade: both parties prosper

Quote:
I'm not talking about cultural ****ing appropriation, how many ****ing times do I have to say that, jesus ****ing christ.
I mention cultural appropriation once in this page, and I essentially deny there is such a thing—but yeah, this music seems derivative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
ICP are whiter than Twilight but here's a few songs so you don't have to commit to so much genius.

The first sounds a bit like Cyprus Hill—at least in the beginning.

even better

DMBFFF is offline   Reply With Quote