Music Banter - View Single Post - women who sing male POV songs by men, without changing the gender-specific pronouns
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 02:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
DMBFFF
I like the green.

(my 30th post)

My number of embeds was mentioned in Political Discussions for Adults Political Discussions for Adults (page 141)

If I had my way, I'd post it, but apparently, I can't link here, I can only embed. Pity.

While I don't want to cramp the styles of tablet or phone users—or desktops weaker than the one I bought used and am using—I wonder if the technological singularity that's reportedly just over-the-horizon will be able to handle 75 Youtube videos—I don't look forward to seeing a lot of stuff one would have to click to just see the names of the videos.

Can anybody show me an examples of posts with videos with spoiler tags?

I hope this is not a problem, because less than 50 hours after joining this site, I've taken a liking to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaExpressesHerself View Post
^true, my computer can't handle this. Like my heart couldn't handle that Joan Jett cover of Crimson and Clover the first time I heard it.
Took me awhile to like it myself until I finally noticed the obvious about her covering that song.

Another fantasy of that song is a remake of the song where in the guitar-solo-of-sorts they take a feature from Tubular Bells and instead have lots of stringed instruments playing that riff: guitar, double-speed guitar, slightly distorted electric guitar, mandolin, violin, banjo, erhu, et al.

Quote:
Great thread
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post
You're a mod. you can do it for him
Oh boy, I wonder what it'll make my thread look like: 75 "click-to-view" buttons?

Quote:
Actually after viewing some of these my gaydar makes me wonder if some of these aren't lesbian cultural appropriation. Or my gaydar's broke
I searched "cultural appropriation" here:

Cultural Identity
The Lounge

Cultural Imperialism and the Homogenization of the Western World
Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion

The International Cultural Exchange
The Lounge

I doubt 10% of those in the videos—to pull a number out of the air—are lesbian. Of course "lesbian" like "gay" might be constructions, or sticking to a word I'm more sure of using, abstractions—gender and orientation fluidity and all of that.

Last edited by DMBFFF; 02-09-2019 at 04:36 AM. Reason: removing references to other forum as others here might not be interested (and it could also constitute spamming)
DMBFFF is offline   Reply With Quote