Music Banter - View Single Post - women who sing male POV songs by men, without changing the gender-specific pronouns
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 03:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Maria reviews the video's in the original post of this thread- part one
Why? Because why not

Crimson and Clover
First one - An essential part of gay culture. Joan Jett is the leather-clad lesbian of whom all closeted girls hope she comes swaggernig into their lives to take them away on a motorbike

Second one - To this dear singer: a leather jacket does not make you Joan Jett (I know, I tried). Especially with that voice. And bald guys walking by in the background. Good luck with the leg cramps you seem to have.

Third one - Don't we get a music video? What's up with her hair? Whatever

Fourth one - the only stars in this band are on that guitar. A tambourine? Those backing vocals are really... out there. At least they seem to find their own music funny

Fifth one - Is it one of Miley's provocative image publicity stunts? Is it genuine? I don't know. Joan does not look into it a 3:18

Something
First one - These overly sincere looks into the camera make me uncomfortable. At least she has freckles

Second one - This girl looks like a quasi-gay Luna Lovegood. That instrument and tempo do not fit this song, my dear. Love is not a walk on a beach with palms. The singing of the guitar solo was pretty funny though. Didn't stay for the talking. Where does the background singing voice come from? #spooked

Third one - Another ukelele?! This one seems to understand better that love is pain though

Fouth one - ANOTHER UKELELE. What about this song makes people think 'ukelele'? The lead singer's voice is pleasant but stop trying to seduce the camera. The nonchalant 14 year old drummer chick is cool

Fifth - "something: a beatles cover" that looks adorably pompous. This chick's nerdy gay look is adorable too. Another mysterious background voice

Sixth - Oh no Holly that voice is too chipmunk-y. This guitar line gets sung by
what sounds like apathetic angels?

Seventh - WWWP might be able to translate the Spanish, I'm not. That one girl sits awkwardly when the other sings. She should have played a tambourine. That whistling hahahaha

Ain't she sweet
*David Attenborough voice*: Here we see a young closet lesbian before escaping her gender-normative environment. This girl is like a walking meme. Let's call her Stacey Bracey. Is it adorable or cringy? Both, but I guess she gets away with the cringiness because she's just a kid

I saw her standing there
Looks like they tried to build a sort of cavern club set. I don't get the name, you girls don't look like twins, or Mona Lisa

I've seen enough for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.

Last edited by Marie Monday; 02-09-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote