Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 07:57 AM   #70 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

I didn't have time to listen to this yesterday because I was busy reviewing the male POV songs sung by women. I have my priorities straight : )
Unitron - I've never played Doom, the only games I've ever played a couple of times are the Sims and GTA. I feel the same about these crossover thrash metal songs as the others: similar kicks to punk, but with a less enjoyable sound. I like the second one best, there's more going on. I'll definitely check out more of NoMeans No. The beginning of the Velcra song is promising, and I wasn't disappointed with the rest of the song, those chorus riffs kick you in the face
Anteater - I'm not into the style of the sound but I like the melodies, the rhytm, and the combination of the two
MicShazam - the chorus of the first song also has a sound that's not to my taste but I enjoyed the verses with those sound layers, and this chick is good at shouting/sort of rapping over guitar riffs. My opinion on the second song is pretty much the same, I like the chorus better but the verses less
ziggywas - I'm into the lyrics of the first one as far as I can make them out, musically it is fine enough; it sounds good but could use more variation. The second one is funky man, I like it a lot. White kids wishin they black kids, and wanna talk like rappers / it's all backwards it's identity crisis" reminds me of the rich white kids in my school acting like gangsta rap was about them. I like the third almost as much. "this industry is like bacteria and my flow is a germ"? Don't care what he means, it sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote