Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #79 (permalink)
Key

Grand Theft Auto V: A Game I Very Barely Missed The Window On

See, when it comes to open world style games, I do still consider certain games to fall into that category whether it's purposefully or not. I'd definitely consider GTA V within that style of game. So, what's the problem? Why haven't I given it enough of my time? Well, there's a couple reasons for that, which I'll make brief. Back when GTA V had just released, I had only had experience with San Andreas and some of GTA IV so my excitement for it wasn't as tremendous as it was for a lot of other people, but from my understanding the game delivered. Now, when I picked it up, my experience was just plagued with problems from performance issues to not even being able to connect to the game at all. Granted, this may have been due to having an outdated PC and I guess I could try again on my PC now. But at this point, I've seen many hours of the Online, I've watched people play through the main story at least 3 times, so what is there waiting for me that I haven't seen yet? Yeah, I know a game deserves someones personal time with it to have a personal experience with it, but I feel like I may have missed the window on it by a slightly small amount of time.

It's fine though. I do consider the game to be great because as I said, I've watched the main story a few times, and I still enjoy seeing people's reactions to it. It's well told, the characters are all interesting, and the choice of 3 separate endings is a really good way to take advantage of the 3 character model. I think the game looks amazing graphically and it'll be tough for Rockstart to up their game for GTA 6. But that's yet to be seen.

GTA V is most certainly a game I would've put a lot of time into, but with the release of other games since then and my interests going into a different direction, I just haven't really seen or had any reason to purchase my own copy. I don't think I'd enjoy it for myself as I've seen everything already. Nothing would feel fresh and it'd start to feel like a chore. Right now, like I said, I find the game to be amazing just from a viewing standpoint and I'd rather not sour that outlook.

But, if GTA 6 is around the corner, I'll certainly be jumping on that as soon as it comes out. Because i'd be curious to see the improvements from the previous game.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote