Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 08:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
Key

Saints Row: The Third

Man, it's really weird that I'd bring this game up right after I talked about GTA V, but honestly, GTA V influenced me to find this game that I ended up enjoying far more than I ever imagined. Saints Row: The Third basically takes what GTA V did well, and seemlessly improves upon it in its own unique way. Not saying GTA V is flawed in any way, but since I never experienced the game for myself, I can only go based on speculation.

I remember just looking through Steam trying to find games that could fit the sort of game I was looking for, and Saints Row: The Third came up as a strong recommendation, so I bought it and played it. And played it again. And again. And again. Pretty soon I was getting near the end, and just thinking about it makes me remember all the roads I traversed either by motorcycle or car, the cool base that I had, the endless amount of things you could do, and just the overall general feel of the game.

Plus, it looks ****ing amazing:

I know it comes off looking a little bit cartoony, but honestly, that's part of its charm. And you get over it really quick once you realize that it actually fits the game perfectly. The gunplay is also really fun. It basically brings together everything you love about the GTA series, and just improves on it in ways you didn't realize you needed.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote