Music Banter - View Single Post - What an Absolute Unit
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Unitron
Paragraph President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Oops, your name is "Unitron" and not "Unicron." I just realize that. I posted that as a joke, but there was never really a pun there in the first place. If wasn't for the fact I was confusing the names I might not have post video at all. So I am glad you like it that much for a happenstance. Positive feedback is a good thing imo.

I was planning to follow up with Optimus Prime with an anime/cartoon theme song: Gigantor. This song was part of a video, and album compilation with 90's bands doing Saturday morning cartoon theme songs. It was aptly called Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits. So somewhere through the music video Drew Barrymore interrupts with sexual innuendo, music commentary, and then ends with a subliminal message marketing robots.

Helmet Gigantor

The next band is either Desert Rock, Stoner Rock or Space Rock, idk. I guess it is a toss up between Desert or Space Rock? There are astronauts on the album cover but yet they are singing about the desert. It could go either way.
Truckfighters - Desert Cruiser
Yeah, I've had people think my username was related to Transformers before and also Unicorn. So I'm used to my username being mixed up a bit, but glad that the joke happened to be a great song.

1. I've heard of that comp before, and I'm pretty sure I've heard some of it before. That Helmet one is good, though obviously not something I'd listen to as much as Meantime or something. I like that it looks like they had fun with it.

2. I've heard of Truckfighters before, though I don't think I've listened to them. This is great though, heavy and drenched in fuzz. Really can't complain.