Music Banter - View Single Post - What an Absolute Unit
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 09:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitron View Post
Yeah, I've had people think my username was related to Transformers before and also Unicorn. So I'm used to my username being mixed up a bit, but glad that the joke happened to be a great song.

1. I've heard of that comp before, and I'm pretty sure I've heard some of it before. That Helmet one is good, though obviously not something I'd listen to as much as Meantime or something. I like that it looks like they had fun with it.

2. I've heard of Truckfighters before, though I don't think I've listened to them. This is great though, heavy and drenched in fuzz. Really can't complain.
Thanks! I only really listen to two Helmet albums, Meantime and Betty, the latter being my favorite. Even though they were an Alt band that went on excursions into Metal, they were not gimmicky like a lot of Heavy Metal bands. They just wore regular street clothes and played really good guitar. That's what I like about them, they easy-going but had killer riffs.
Every so often I delve into Space Rock/Stoner Rock. I am somewhat familiar Truckfighters material, I'm not an expert on them. I played their album once or twice, but only really remember really diggin' a couple of songs.

Dorre - Fall River (2019)

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote