Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #85 (permalink)
Key

Well it's certainly a coincidence that I decided to do a theme month about open world games and I decided to also do a new game of Divinity Original Sin 2 but do it a bit differently.

When I played DOS 2 for the first time, I did it the traditional way. You get a party of 4. Different traits and specialties and you pretty much take on the rest of the game while beefing up your team. Don't get me wrong, the game is worthy of praise in so many ways. And the 4 party system is fantastic and used extremely well here. Especially with the style of combat you get into.

Now, when I beat the game for the first time, I definitely felt like this game was special. And it is. It's definitely one of my all time favorite games of all time. Evident by the fact that I can't seem to stop talking about it. But I don't care. Anyway, I wanted to play the game again but with a twist. No longer using the party system.

I decided that I was going to play the game entirely as one character. So, this does bring a couple of difficulties as there are several encounters that require you to fight multiple people. Well, luckily, the teleport spell exists. And you can get it quite quickly. So that does sort of make that easier. However, the early grind is pretty tough. I've put a few hours into this character already and I've not gotten quite enough experience to level up so I can learn more abilities. But, I'm trying. I'm still in the first parts of the game. So it's definitely a challenge. But it's also a ton of fun because it's taking on the game in a whole different way. Seriously, I do love the game enough to play through it again, because this time it's so much different and so much more difficult. I've died several times early on.

The reason I'm doing this is simply because I just want to see if I can do it. I do consider myself to have a pretty good understanding of how this game works and the little tricks you can do to make the game easier. So that will definitely help. I'm hoping I can continue to progress further and honestly just see how far I can get in the game before I get stuck.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote