Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #86 (permalink)
Key

Part 1

Most certainly when it comes to video games, and open world games specifically, I do try to stop and just appreciate the amount of detail that goes into some of these spectacular works of art that sit in these games. I'm talking structures that just blow your mind to see in a video game. Doesn't really have to be realistic, but it's got to have an impact. This will be a multi parter so let's get right into it.

First off, let's start off with the obvious give the image in the header:

Now don't let me fool you, I do find the Ocarina of Time's version of Ganon's Castle to be pretty spectacular in its own right. But obviously with Breath of the Wild, they had to think big. And boy did they think big. This is by far the most impressive version of Ganon's Castle in any Zelda game, at least in my opinion. The sheer amount of stuff that you can do here is unbelievable and to climb all the way to the top to perhaps the best music ever made for a game, this particular version of the castle really sets a new bar. And yes, the Ganon fight is good too.

It's been quite some time since I've even played Fable Anniversary, or even the original, but I remember the Temple of Avo just being one of my favorite buildings to go to. I think it was the first place where I finally got enough good points to get a halo. That's when the game really became something truly special. To finally see the physical impact of your character. Plus, having a halo over your head is pretty badass once you get all your stats up and you're just unstoppable.

I still think the Fable 3 version of the Temple of Light track is superior to any of them though:

Key is offline   Reply With Quote