Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 12:35 AM   #17068 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Where's your proof that they still stick with that institution? You're assuming that there are no Catholics that aren't a bit more secular, that they all go to church, pay their 10% and ignore the scandals.

You think they should change their religion to avoid association? You think they should reject their own beliefs and conform to another similar institution just because you think being catholic makes you guilty? Being Catholic doesn't mean you support or are a part of the institution, it just means you have this belief.
vv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Yes, it provides the Catholic church with social value in numbers because if I tell someone that I'm a Catholic and they decide to check it out, they're going to find some wing of the rape institution to learn about it.
^^

It's not like writing a million dollar check to the church, but it's supporting it nonetheless.

Quote:
Think about it, this is the same **** OH would say about Islam yet you'd reject that bigotry while supporting this one. The only difference is that the thing OH scrutinizes Islam for is ACTUALLY in their doctrine.
I don't define all of Christianity by Catholicism.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote