Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #92 (permalink)
Key

Part 2

Getting right into it, I want to talk about the picture I used as the header. Good ol' Megaton. While this may not necessarily fall directly into the category of a "building" but I find the entire structure to be fascinating enough to consider it one. This is one of the first places you see when you play Fallout 3 for the first time and it right off the bat gives you an impression of what you're going to be getting yourself into. Plus, I mean, it is nice that you can blow the place up too. That's pretty dope.

Yeah, maybe not by the exact form of words, but Super Mario 64 is certainly close to being considered an open world game. I mean, regardless of how linear it feels when you go from floor to floor, you still have a lot of freedom to do what you want and where you want to go. You don't even have to go into the castle at all if you don't want to. But I mention this because given the fact that Super Mario 64 is up there in being one of the best games of all time, the scenery in the game is certainly up there as well. The style of the castle in this game is unbelievable and really sets the scale for what you're going to get into. It's huge, it's 3D, it's awesome. Definitely one of my favorite things to see as a kid growing up.

This will contain spoilers for Marvel's Spider-Man.
Spoiler for spoiler picture:

Marve's Spider-Man on its own is a very very good game and one I had a blast playing. Definitely the city design and everything within it turned out amazing as well. But I was actually blown away when I walked up to this and saw that it was actually in the game. And yeah, I made sure to climb all the way to the top because, well, I can. This is by far one of the coolest things to see in a video game, and to see it done so well is really nice too.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote