Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #229 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Reasonable way to live:

1) Determine what you want
2) Take steps in that direction

Examples:

Exo wants to work in a non-generic environment where he has autonomy and can enjoy what he does so he carved out a section of an independent record shop where he can listen to music and handle records and the like. I **** on it by accusing him of gentrification.

Wolf wants to help children (and families) who have it rough. She got a job that allows her to work at that. I **** on it by saying she’ll only be a part of the problem.

elph studies political science and I call him a sellout.

I had direction. I wanted to make enough money to have a good time. I wanted to get laid, read, see concerts, listen to music and travel and I did all that in true abundance. Now life has moved on and I’ve spun my wheels in directionlessness telling myself that it didn’t matter. And for some time it was ok. It really didn’t matter. But now I want direction again and I’ve been thinking about it for about six months. I still haven’t been able to come up with anything but I don’t want to simply be poor and die. Right now I’m trying to make the best with poverty and aging but that’s not a direction. I have to get older but I don’t necessarily have to do it without a penny to spare. I like the restaurant but it’s physically and financially unsustainable. So I guess my only known current goal is to make a decent living without grinding my bones into dust.

What the **** should I do?
Become a boss at the harmonica.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote